Saturday 12 February 2011

Len Lye Exhibition - The Body Electric

Visited the Len Lye exhibition at the Ikon (Birmingham) today. Unfortunately I can't post any photos as I had to sign a form saying that I will not publish them, Took photos of some of his drawings/ paintings/ stills that would prove quite useful for the end credits of my animation in terms of inspiration or influence.

My favourite bit of the exhibition were the big installments that warped steel to create different sound and light like Blade and Fountains. The best being the piece, Zebra, which involved a thin rod spinning until it was fast enough to create the illusion of vase like shapes.

I was impressed by the animation as well considering the years that they were made in.

Although I was hoping for a bit more, it was still worth going...I just wish I could post the pictures though.

No comments:

Post a Comment